Hazmat Medical Associates
OUR HOSPITAL HAZMAT PROGRAM INCLUDES:
NO STUDENT LIMIT
SITE VISIT TO DISCUSS PLAN WITH HOSPITAL, HAZMAT TEAM, FIRE DEPT. AND EMS
- Discuss the prehospital/hospital management of the hazmat patient with all agencies involved in patient management.
- Assist in identifying a good hazmat patient decontamination area both in and out of the hospital.
WRITTEN PROCEDURES FOR THE “MANAGEMENT OF THE HAZMAT PATIENT” AT YOUR FACILITY
Site specific procedures for the management of the hazmat patient will include:
- E.D. personnel responsibilities
- Ten (10) step procedure on the management of the patient
- Required protective clothing guidelines/donning instructions
- Resources (i.e. Poison control, Chemtrac)
- Color coded diagrams of selected patient decontamination sites.
FIVE HOURS OF CLASSROOM TRAINING
Training will include:
- Initial notifications from prehospital provider (req. information)
- Emergency department preparation/resources
- Staff preparation (personnel protective equipment)
- Patient arrival/transfer
- Medical Management
- Biassay Sampling
- Patient decontamination
- Patient/staff exit from decontamination area
- E.D. Recovery
- Staff debriefing/critique
THREE HOURS OF HANDS-ON TRAINING
- Staff members will don protective clothing
- Staff will go through entire hazmat procedure from start to finish with an actual contaminated patient.
- Staff will then critique their response to hazmat patient management.
GRADED HAZMAT MEDICAL EXERCISE STARTING IN THE FIELD WITH CONTAMINATED PATIENTS EXERCISING THE NEW HOSPITAL HAZMAT PROTOCOL TO INSURE PLAN IS EFFECTIVE.